Bryn Mawr Formal Pool Garden
In historic Bryn Mawr, a large pool and surrounding garden were left to disrepair and overgrowth.
The 1,600 square foot pool area was enormous and in the middle of a very large lawn area lacking all sense of intimacy. Furthermore, the new owners do not use hot tubs and there was a large hot tub in the middle of the garden. At parties the sitting areas were on seperate sides of the pools and men and women would sometimes gather separately. The pool deck heaved and was a tripping hazard.
Create an intimate pool paradise for entertaining and relaxing.
Design a formal enclosed pool garden with the following elements:
- A tall formal evergreen hedge surrounding the pool to create privacy and an outdoor room feeling,
- Incorporate large topiary trees for interest,
- Remove hot tub to allow for a central area to entertain,
- Build a large radial arbor as a garden centerpiece,
- Introduce large planter pots and tropical trees to soften the expansive paving area,
- Repair existing flagstone pool deck.
Other Sample Works
The Challenge: Bryn Fleur is a 1920’s 6 acre estate on the Philadelphia Main Line. The house and grounds were designed by…
The Challenge: This property was purchased by an existing client. The landscape had been neglected for decades and was in dire need…
The Challenge: This property owner was quite unhappy with the overall landscape design which had been installed in previous years and with…
The Challenge: This 3 1/2 acre property was more than just a challenge. It had been neglected for over 15 years. There…
The Challenge: Our work at the Rossleigh Estate was designed by one of our very talented Landscape Architect partners and installed by…